Welcome to Write Through The Roof, the podcast for writers who want to improve their craft.
Episode 44 with Charles Christian – award-winning journalist, podcaster & author
“People get carried with their gadgets… and forget about the human element.”
Episode 44 – Charles Christian – Show Notes
- Novella length is favourite length. Better for ebooks and easier to consume.
- Writing every day and learned discipline from career as a freelance journalist
- ‘All written out’ by freelance journalism
- Green tea, dark chocolate, chips and baked beans
- Exploring how one event can change the entire direction of life – JB Priestly
- Stop doing courses and start writing your own stories
- Stick to the brief, meet the deadline & work count – who, why, what, where, how
- Asking the question – is this project fun to write?
- Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, MR James, David Sedaris, Richard Brautigan
- Genre fiction tips: less about the gadgets, more about the characters
“Get on with it and be business-like about it.”
“If I can’t be bothered reading it, I can’t expect the reader to.”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply