Welcome to Write Through The Roof, the podcast for writers who want to improve their craft.
Episode 23 with Dean Mayes – romance, family saga & thriller writer
“Cherrypick techniques but develop your own style and process.”
Episode 23 – Dean Mayes – Show Notes
- Balance between structure and disappearing down rabbit holes
- Writing story notes by his patient’s bedside
- Writing romance in Star Wars pajamas
- Spending a lot of constructing characters and people watching, women and men and their responses to challenges
- Understanding the Aboriginal experience
- Process of outlining with Scrivener
- Using pencil to get away from plastic
- Molly Ringle, Simon Winchester
- A world exclusive!
- Madeleine’s tip – Reading Critically
“Outlining has been a positive tool to improve my writing.”
“A love letter to the two towns I’ve lived in.”