Interview with writer and stand-up comic, Tim Ewins
“It’s a good thing to write every day, I just don’t do it.”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Episode 76 – Show Notes – Tim Ewins
- Prefer to write and read novels
- Writes during lunch breaks at work – with a monthly word target
- Four years to write his first book
- Coffee and Bon Iver
- Themes of enduring and long-lasting love. How love changes over time.
- Having a child changed ‘We Are Animals’ and added depth to the writing.
- Influence of stand-up but not getting the pay-off
- Editing chapters as he goes.
- Embarrassing pick-ups by editors
- Loose and lose
- The luxury of writing at home with a glass of wine
- Jonas Johannsen, Roald Dahl, Andrew Kaufman
- ‘We Are Animals’ started as a travel blog
“I researched all kinds of thing but not how to spell loose and lose.”
“I do quite often think about the book Matilda”