Welcome to Write Through The Roof, the podcast for writers who want to improve their craft.
Episode 48 with Icy Sedgwick – blogger and writer of dark fantasy, gothic horror & westerns
“I couldn’t write po-faced literature if I tried.”
Episode 48 – Icy Sedgwick – Show Notes
- Flash fiction can be more challenging and more fun than novels
- Writing something every day but not necessarily fiction
- Fun, entertaining, whimsical pulpy adventure. Standing up against wrongs, taking on bullies or oppressive regimes
- Westerns – rabid fan base
- Improving dialogue
- The balance between ‘write what you know’ and ‘making stuff up.”
- Plotting while keeping it fresh
- Roald Dahl, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Oscar Wilde, JK Rowling
- The Stolen Ghost inspired by a childhood trip to Glamis Castle. Took 11 years to finish.
- Being a hoarder and recycling ideas
- Finishing Book 3 of dark fantasy series
“Coffee as black as possible. As nature intended.”