Growing up in Tasmania, Madeleine D’Este now lives in inner city Melbourne surrounded by books. After studying law (and never practising) and travelling the world, Madeleine now lives a double life, immersed in the corporate world by day and writing female-led speculative fiction by night. Madeleine hosts a weekly speculative fiction review radio show/podcast on artdistrict-radio.com.
When not writing, Madeleine enjoys podcasts, knitting, forteana, indie films, kettle bells and likes her coffee as ‘black as midnight on a moonless night’.
Current projects (April 2017)
The Ravens of Ambrovna (fantasy)
- Draft 1 – in edits
The Antics of Evangeline (steampunk novellas)
- Evangeline and the Alchemist – available now
- Evangeline and the Bunyip – available now
- Evangeline and the Spiritualist – available now
- Evangeline and the Mysterious Lights – with beta readers
- The Antics of Evangeline (Episodes 1-4) – coming in 2017
Other Antics in progress
- Evangeline & the Urchins – Drafted
- Evangeline & the Vampyr – Drafted
The Flower and the Serpent (high gothic/horror novel)
- Draft 1 – resting (60k)
Monolith series (sci-fi novels)
- Return to the Monolith (Book 1 Monolith series) – querying with agents
- Return to the Forest (Book 2) (85k) – Draft 2. Resting.
- Project Greenfields (Book 3) (65k) – Draft 2. Resting