Welcome to Write Through The Roof, the podcast for writers who want to improve their craft.
Episode 56 – Alex Harrow – queer SFF author
‘As I edited it, it just got queerer and queerer.’
Episode 56 – Alex Harrow – Show Notes
- A secret closet
who also loves index cards and Scrivener – ‘dots connector’ pantser
- Daily writer but not all writing is at the keyboard
- Agile method of writing in sprints
- Trinity of drinks – coffee, tea and water
- English as a second language influenced the approach to writing from a ‘
- Need to see more queer characters as protagonists.
- Found families and enemies to lovers
- Good critique partners are essential
- Moderator of #queerspec Twitter chat
- The ever-expanding ‘To Be Read’ pile
- Classic fantasy, Seanan Mcguire, Xan West,
- Interrupting cats
- Getting in touch with non-readers. Understanding what stories touch people
- Empire of Light inspired by the need for more queer protagonists in sci-fi and fantasy
- Queering up your bookshelves.
- Upcoming projects include an alternate history set in
post warDresden – queer Agent Carter
‘Not all writing happens at the keyboard’
‘I wrote this book out of spite’