Welcome to Write Through The Roof, the podcast for writers who want to improve their craft.
Episode 24 with Sione Aeschliman – editor, writer & writing coach
“Approaching both praise & constructive criticism with curiosity”
Episode 24 – Sione Aeschliman – Show Notes
- Pantsing short stories but plotting novels
- Defining Prose poetry
- The Beverage Triangle
- Key theme – being your true self without shame
- Attitude towards feedback both positive and negative
- Learning about reader’s expectations and ask questions
- Giving editing clients at least a week to process their feelings
- Editing improves ability to read critically. Making notes as you read and going back to analyse why you reacted this way.
- Learning about structure and storytelling. Working on beginnings
- Margaret Attwood, Ursula le Guin, Alexander Weinstein, James Tate, Russell Edson
- #RevPit: annual Twitter contest focused on editing and learning. Starts April 21st 2018
- Working on four or five projects at the same time, including historical pirate romance novel and an ebook on structure, plot points and pacing.
- Madeleine’s tip – Grief and change
“It’s hard to know what you’re going to write until you’ve written it.”
“We all need an outlet for our angst.”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply